Monday, April 26, 2010

see you later, alligator!












i want to decorate the cake of my son's first birthday. so i dedicated all my week to learn the basics of cake decorating. here's my first attempt to create a cake topper made of gumpaste. i made it from scratch. no shaped molds used whatsoever. it is actually a homemade marshmallow fondant i learned to make from you tube.
i used wiltons paste coloring but i was really not satisfied with the result. i wanted bright colors. too bad the only available colors was the garden tone 4-icing colors set
for the light blue part of the eyes, i used mc. cormick liquid dye. and i was really satisfied with the colors.



i will experiment more with the colors next time, liquid dyes are OK. i thought color pastes are better but for me liquid food colors is all right for a beginner like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment